Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Voluntary Torture
Is it just me, or is volunteering at the school supposed to be torture? I usually don't mind going once in a while, but the next two weeks are going to be torture! My daughter's kindergarten (all classes) had a Teddy Bear Picnic with a parade and games today. I went to help, since all the other moms backed out. It was okay until being out in the sun gave my already aching head an extra boost. My fault for not taking something before going. The kids in her class were whiny and hot (as was I) and not entirely cooperative--actually, I don't think they've ever been completely cooperative any time I've come. Just a little unruly, that class. As for the rest of the torture, I've been committed (in all senses of that word) to go with my son's class to a water park on Friday, then bowling with my daughter's class next Tuesday, and the final party in her class as well. I guess I have to make up for the months of just sitting and reading. And the heat is already killing me! It's just really humid here, and as much as I try to get used to it, I just don't like it. I'm more than happy to sit at home in my cool house and do some work here. When the kids get out of school, it's going to take a few weeks for them to get used to each other again, which will also be torture. Maybe in a month, the torture will be done and we'll all be happy again. I know, I know, the torture never ends...it just changes shape.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















1 comment:
Torture comes in various forms and the level of torture you choose depends on your state of mind. The question that must be answered is, "how adventurous are you?"
Post a Comment