My personal life is not very interesting, I've decided. Not to say there aren't interesting things going on around me, but I am in a decided slump. If I'm not reading, I'm on the computer doing Facebook, Goodreads, or some other waste of time. I think my husband is getting concerned.
As for things going on around me, it's been an interesting year so far. I have been busy with my church callings, but not devoting as much time as I should have. I was put in the RS presidency in January, so that's been an eye-opener. I've never held a calling in RS except for pianist before this. I've also had more to do with my Stake Music Chairman calling as well. As always, music for Stake Conference, but we also had a special fireside in May commemorating the 20th anniversary of the stake formation. Ironically, the next day a new stake was formed north of us taking 3 or 4 of our wards. I also got wrangled into doing all the music for Easter (even though I thought I got out of being choir director--she went out of town, dang her!). After all these things have been happening, our ward was put back together with the Cape Coral Ward as of this last Sunday. Everyone in our ward was released from their callings, so I figure I won't be getting another one since we are planning on moving in August. I was still asked to substitute on the organ our first Sunday together and sing a duet. So much for getting out of work.
Last night (June 1st) I had my last piano student recital with my piano kids. They worked so hard and did a great job! There were a few mistakes, but that's to be expected. My most advanced student has only taken from me for a month, but I think I helped her with some technic problems she's had. I also got to know her better than I've had a chance to at church. She auditioned for a music program at her school and got in. I hope I was helpful in getting her in that program. My next most advanced student has really blossomed. I've been helping her get better at sight reading and trying music outside of church (her previous teacher really focused on church music), but she likes to play church music, too. I will keep teaching until we move, but one student already found someone else and I hope the others do, too.
School doesn't end until the 10th, but they're already not doing any work. What a waste. Except Patrick's teacher. He must be the toughest 5th grade teacher ever. Sadie has several fun parties for the end of the year, plus a play tomorrow night. They're doing the Wizard of Oz and she's a Lollipop Munchkin. She's so excited and wants me to buy the movie. I guess that's a good enough excuse to buy it now.
We had an awesome time with Mary and her family the last week of March. Then, the week before Memorial Day we had John's nieces Mandy and Nicole here for a visit. Unfortunately, I was quite sick with a bad cold (I think that's all it was), or, as everyone joked, Swine Flu. I wasn't much of a hostess, but they were sweet and we still had fun. Mandy is coming back later this month with her sister Jess, who just got back from her mission in England. Can't wait to see her! As for going to Utah, it probably won't happen this year. Again. Life really sucks sometimes.
Ok, I guess that covers the last 6 months. Like I said--nothing interesting. Oh, well! It will get more interesting when we move, I suppose. Now if I could just stop being a slug.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















2 comments:
You're not a slug! That would make me a slug's sister! I am glad that you wrote again. That is nice that you were asked to play and sing already -- you have so much talent. I never get asked to sing and I would love to! Love you.
I hadn't heard you guys are moving. Where to? Your life sounds pretty busy to me--callings, recitals, kids.
That stinks that we won't see you at the reunion this year!
Post a Comment