Friday, July 17, 2009

Road Rage? In Florida? No way!

Wow. I've had some close calls, but today was the most intense incident of road rage I've personally witnessed. Okay, maybe I was a little bit involved and a little bit responsible, but I think that guy WAAAAAYYYYY overreacted. Now, I think I have a little bit of driving savvy when it comes to maneuvering through traffic. I was using said savvy in front of a young man (I would say mid 20s) who thought he had more savvy than I do. I was moving through slower traffic and kind of leading him through it, too. Well, I guess he didn't appreciate it because as I was changing lanes, I noticed he had already started over as I moved. But I was already going and he'd been behind me for a while. Well, he accelerated around me ON THE SHOULDER and moves in front of me. I couldn't see him until he was almost all the way around me. I was startled, to say the least, so I honked at him for being reckless. I guess I honked too long, so he slammed his brakes, accelerated, braked again, several times until we came to a complete stop! In the middle of a main road with a speed limit of 55! As soon as there was room to go around him in the other lane, I move over and he speeds up, cuts me off and slams his brakes again! By then, I was really freaked out, but he took off and I slowed way down and turned off the road to a store. Aaaaaaahhhhhh! And I had 3 of my kids with me! I just had to get that off my chest. Thanks all. Someday I'll recover from 'the incident.'

2 comments:

Melody said...

Wow! That is crazy!! Glad that you're all ok!

Ellen said...

Very scary, some people just take it too seriously. These are dangerous machines, people!