When I woke up this morning, I had no idea that the next 4 hours were going to be so traumatic.
5 AM: Get up to take Kalin to Seminary. Got his food and medications out, big glass of orange juice. All going well.
5:15 AM Go out to the car--the battery is dead. We assume it's from the boys leaving the lights on last night from reading in the car. Kalin thought he had turned them off, but something was still on. Dang! Good thing we have the little Chevy S10 to drive!
5:30 AM Get to the church. I notice that the sister whom I thought was going to take the kids to school after church isn't there with her van. My little truck fits 2 1/2 people (a very small middle seat). Fortunately, one of the guys notices I don't have a big vehicle and says he'll stay and take them--after he gives me a guilt trip about him not getting home until 2:30 the night before. I promised to do his 'shift' tomorrow.
7 AM Laid down for an hour after getting back from the church. Get a phone call from the neighbor girl who's life is a constant disaster. She missed her bus and needs a ride to school--8 miles away near our church. I rush out the door so I will still have time to get my kids ready. Back by...
7:45 AM Come back to the house to find out my piano student was on his way--but then find out he already came and missed me while I was taking said neighbor. No one heard him at the door. Great. So I still have time to get Sadie ready for her bus at 8:25 AM. Got lunches made, breakfast put together (they like HOT COCOA--I don't get it either), and go to get Sadie dressed. She doesn't seem to know how to do it herself.
8:15 AM The boys are dressed and have eaten breakfast. Sadie won't touch her food or her cocoa. She claims she is sick. I get the thermometer. No fever. Nothing seems to be wrong. She finally says she doesn't want to go because there's a test. We studied for it the night before and she knew it backwards and forwards. No worries! WRONG! Big worries in that little head of hers. I repeat over and over not to worry and that it's not a good reason to miss school. I start to get her dressed. The kicking and screaming commences. The spanking and grabbing flailing limbs also commences. The brothers are watching in horrified silence. She's finally dressed, but won't stand up, so I give Patrick the backpack and I grab the unwilling diva and go out to the truck.
8:45 AM We drive to school in silence with little tears trickling down her face. We get in the drop-off line and I try to touch her. She's still a little mad, so I tell her I love her and I'm sorry I hurt her feelings. She lets me give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek before she gets out. I start bawling on the way home. And it just keeps going. At least Patrick and Alex made the bus while I was taking her to school. I got the car charged up again, so everything is back to normal...or is it???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















No comments:
Post a Comment