Clockwork Angel by Cassandra ClareMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I enjoyed this book a lot--as I have Clare's other books. My main reason for enjoying it was that it is set in Victorian London. I LOVE historical novels! I also enjoyed the prequel aspect of it--seeing what the Nephilim were like in an earlier time. However, I had issues with the characters in the book. The main ones were too similar to the characters in Clare's other series 'The Mortal Instruments.' I wish Clare had given them other characteristics than the 'brooding, handsome, cocky hero', the 'sweet, pretty girl with hidden powers', the 'quiet, strong, hidden pain other guy,' and the 'stuck-up, prickly, fighting against destiny in the background girl.' They worked for me in the other series, but it shows that Clare is cashing in on past success for future success. I would have appreciated some effort on changing that formula more.
View all my reviews






















No comments:
Post a Comment