Jane by April LindnerMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
I loved this book! Quite a bit, actually. However, I had to give it a lower rating for the f-bomb and sex scenes. A bit overdone for my tastes. As for how well it followed the original, "Jane Eyre," it was quite well done. Taking into consideration how difficult it can be to translate 19th Century mores into the 21st Century, she found some clever ways to manage that problem. As for the age difference between the two, it felt a little more awkward in today's society than it felt in the original. Maybe I see it that way because I'm at the other end of the age spectrum now. As a teen, I often dreamed of marrying a much older man. Now I've decided I just like how men look in their 30s and so now I'm attracted to younger men. ;) Sad, but true.
So, if you think you might want to read this book, just know I give it a 5 star rating for the well-translated storyline and 2 stars for language and sex. (Wish I could give it 3 1/2 stars)
View all my reviews






















1 comment:
I read this book in January, so my posting is a little late. ;)
Post a Comment