Along with this fantastic adjustment back to school, I've also begun a daily exercise regimen that should work out really well. When the last one catches the bus (at 8:15), I can walk with him to the bus stop and keep walking around our mile-long block a few times, or drive him and head over to the pool. Patrick says he wants to walk to and from the bus stop for his daily exercise (about 1/2 mile) so we may be doing that more--especially when the pool is too cold to swim in! Sure wish it was heated. 'sigh' There's always Wii Fit, too. I am determined to keep this going longer than 3 weeks (like last fall). It helps that John is working out, too, even though he can be somewhat overbearing about it. (Love you John!) He's out of town this week, so that helps, too. That's how I lasted 3 weeks last year, but then he came home and I shut down. I'm hoping to get past that block this time around. He'll be gone a lot the next few months, so maybe I'll be in a good routine by the time he's home full time again.
Thursday, August 26, 2010
School has begun once again and the adjustment has been a little easier this year than previously--maybe it's just me. The kids are all doing really well getting up and going (knock on wood), but it IS only the first week. It helps that only one child is in a new school and has his big brother to help him adjust to it. How strange it feels to have 2 kids in high school! And that one of them is a Senior! When did they grow up? Even the Princess is willing to ride the bus this year so I don't have to drive. Such a good girl. Now if we can get homework and other important family time settled into a routine, we'll be set.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















2 comments:
Sounds like everything is going great. I just started a new exercise thing that seems really good. It is called t-tapp. You should look it up. I can send you something to try if you want. I'll call you sometime!
Go Janice, Go Janice! (do you need a cheerleader? I can sit here and eat cookies and be your cheerleader! lol!)
The hardest part for me is getting exercise into the routine. I've been going for walks with Steve (my dh) every evening, but I'm concerned that once the snow flies I'll become a couch potato again. :( It's that whole momentum thing.
Good luck to both of us!! :)
Post a Comment