Saturday, November 6, 2010

Darcy's Passions: Pride and Prejudice Through His EyesDarcy's Passions: Pride and Prejudice Through His Eyes by Regina Jeffers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Overall I really enjoyed this book.  The 'unknown' parts where Darcy is apart from Lizzy in the original are portrayed here in a plausible way.  The way he spends his time and thoughts are written in a way that I can see Darcy's personality clearly doing.  Some spin-offs have not been as plausible, so I appreciated that.  It follows the original book's timeline and interactions quite faithfully.  This book also goes beyond the wedding for 2 months.  It shows their love and passion in a clean yet clearly stated way.  I think my only caveats would be the dramatic argument and 'accident' to Lizzy at Pemberly near the end and some of the dialog is unrealistic in all it's wisdom--especially from minor characters assessing Darcy's and Lizzy's situation.  I agree with the sentiments expressed, I just thought they sometimes came from unrealistic sources.


View all my reviews

No comments: